Happy Holidays from The Stock Family

Happy Holidays from The Stock Family

Monday, March 29, 2010

See you all later

One appendix removed? Check. Alright, now I'm really ready for England.
Life is so random isn't it?
I was talking with my mom yesterday and she said, "it's always the bad things that happen fast and unexpectedly." I agree.
Thursday morning I was feeling great. Sadie and I went to the grocery store to get some things so I could make a yummy dessert that night. Dan and I finally had a double date with another couple! I was so excited for a night out. (sorry Jenna!) I guess in a way I did get a night out...anyway, around noon I started feeling sharp pains all around my abdomen. Nothing bad. In fact, I was sure it would leave in awhile. Eventually it got worse so I put Sadie down for a nap and plopped onto the couch. the sharp pains just got worse and worse. By two thirty I called Dan and told him he needed to come home. As soon as he got home, he said we were goin to instacare.
By the time we got there, I was groaning in pain. Yes, groaning. I've never done that before. I thought people that did that were wimps. But having a baby kinda makes you not care what other people think anymore. So after laying on the table FOREVER they finally sent us to the ER, where I ran to the bathroom and uh, you know. I wont share details on that, I'll just say that we waited for a long time and didn't get into a room until about seven where I got my IV and some blessed morphine. After that I was feeling pretty good. Surgery was at three in the moring. Then I stayed in the hospital for half the day.
Now here I am, sore, on Lortabs, and watching cartoons with Sadie.
Dan has been so wonderful this whole weekend. He really is the best husband. He did not let me lift a finger. I practically slept the whole time. It was awesome.
So my mom said it's only bad things that happen fast and unexpectedly. Well I have been planning and waiting for this trip to England for soooooooo long. That must mean it's going to be glorious. We leave Wednesday and will be gone for twleve days. We are visiting Dans parents who are on a mission in Leeds. I will be meeting my father-in-law for the first time! Scary? Maybe if he were a scary man, but I have talked to him on the phone and he is so nice. Plus I have his granddaughter so hopefully he likes me:)
No stinkin' appendix can tie me down! I'm leavin! and I'll see you all in twleve days!

2 comments:

The brackens said...

HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP TO ENGLAND.. OF ALL PLACE :p!!! CANT WAIT TO HEAR ALL ABOUT IT!!! AND IM GLAD YOUR NOT IN ANYMORE PAIN, THAT WOULD OF BEEN A HUGE BUMMER!! LOVE YA!

kaysi van dyke fox said...

oh how fun!!! england?!?!?! so jealous, someday i will take a trip there!!! :)